Two brothers die from generator fumes in Lagos

Tragedy struck at Ojota area of Lagos on Tuesday when two brothers were found dead in a shop owned by their sister due to generator fumes allegedly inhaled while sleeping.

Spokesman for the police in Lagos, DSP Bala Elkana confirmed the incident on Wednesday.

Elkana said they slept in the shop and put on the generator in the same place.

According to him, they were found dead by their sister on Tuesday morning.

“On May 21, at about 7.30am, Ogudu Police Station received an information that on the said date at about 6.30am, one Emmanuel John, 21 years and John Paul, 22 years were found dead.

“They died as a result of generator fumes they inhaled while asleep. We gathered that the duo put on a generator and locked themselves inside the shop, resulting to their death,” Elkana said.

The deceased were recently brought from the village for some skills acquisition before the sad incident.

Relatives of the deceased had evacuated the corpses for burial.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App
%d bloggers like this: