Lagos food seller electrocuted in her shop

A food seller, Mrs Florence Imoh, 58, was on Monday electrocuted at her shop at Ikotun, Lagos state early on Monday morning.

A News Agency of Nigeria correspondent reports that Imoh was discovered by neighbours early on Monday morning lying dead in front of her shop located at 12, Shosanya Street, Ijegun road in Ikotun.

Imoh’s neighbour, Mrs Mercy Alomona said she woke up to see the lifeless body of the woman clinging to the metal gates of her shop at around 6:30 a.m.

Alomona said that the neighbours later discovered that Imoh’s death was due to a naked wire that supplied electricity from the pole that linked the building.

“Mama Chikodi as Imoh was fondly addressed, was trying to open the iron gate of her shop without noticing the contact and got electrocuted,’’ Alomona explained.

Another resident, Mr Sodiq Bello, said there was faulty electrical wiring in the building where the woman died.

“We have searched for the cause of the death, and we noticed that a naked wire was resting on the metallic sides of the roof, which had transmitted to other metallic objects in the shop.

“The building has an electrical defect.

“She was trying to come out from the shop when the incident happened.

“Mama Chikodi works and sleeps in the shop. She assists her younger sister in cooking and selling of food early morning,’’ Bello said.

See also  4-Year-Old Kid Falls Into Hot Cooking Pot ...Dies

Leave a Reply

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App
%d bloggers like this: