Kaduna Gov. El-Rufai Proffers Bombing Of Terrorists As Solution To End Insurgencies 

Following the rising insecurity in parts of the country, including the nation’s capital, Abuja, Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai has reiterated his position that the best way to tackle the problem is to bomb terrorists’ camps and enclaves to push back their menace.

The governor, who lamented that insecurity was really setting Nigeria back, said his only hope is that the federal government will use its military might and other security apparatuses to deal with the terrorists.

He said, “I have always said it – and the people of Kaduna State know that I have been saying it since about five years ago – that we should use the army and air force to bomb these people out of existence. There is no way to end this challenge, except we do that.”

According to him, President Muhammadu Buhari was not aware of the threat by terrorists to abduct him until he brought it to the president’s notice.

It can be recalled that a video was released at the weekend by the terrorists who abducted some train passengers on March 28th, 2022, in which they threatened to abduct both President Buhari and Governor El-Rufai, among others.

El-Rufai said for the past five years, he had been calling for the bombing of terrorists’ camps wherever they are, saying it’s the only solution to the problem.

Speaking on a radio programme on Wednesday night, the governor also disclosed that he and his family members had received threats.

He said, “Insecurity is a major challenge and the disturbing thing is that, despite our efforts at the state level, the situation is getting worse. It is affecting our efforts to bring investors into the state, and even those that have invested; their business is not moving as expected.”

According to him, insurgency in the country has grossly affected economic activities, including construction works in parts of the state, and had got worse since the attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train.

“The insecurity is really setting us back. Now, it has gotten to a level where terrorists will go to Kuje prison and free their people. And they even did a video where they were threatening to abduct President Muhammadu Buhari and myself and take us to their jungle,” El-Rufai, who is a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), said in an interview.

“What happened within this week is what made me seek to see the President and I called him that I needed to see him. So, he gave me an appointment for Sunday and I went to see him. Then, I told him about the recent developments, particularly the video released by the terrorists. In fact, up until that moment, he was not even aware. So, I told and the following day, that is on Monday, the Zamfara State Governor Bello Matawalle confirmed to him that he even saw the video, so we need to take action.

“The president told me that he met with the service chiefs the previous week before I met him – like three or four days before I met him – and that he gave them a very clear directive that they must carry out a comprehensive military operation to finish these people. By God’s grace, we will see the end of these challenges. Our hope is that the military and police that were given this directive will hurry up and carry out the operation,” El-Rufai said.

He said waiting for the insurgents to attack before responding is not what will bring an end to the challenges.

“It is compulsory that we take the battle to their doorstep and deal with them. May God bring an end to it, but truly the challenge is disturbing and our hope is that the federal government will do the needful,” he stated.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App
%d bloggers like this: