Beware! Insecticide SNIPER ‘sniping’ Life Out Of Consumers

Today, the insecticide popularly known as sniper is getting more known by people because of the belief of its effectiveness in combating unwanted insects in homes. But beyond its good qualities, it has been bringing sorrow and pains to many homes because of the very poisonous substance getting to the younger ones in many homes.
The story of death caused by sniper is getting on the rise that some people are now leading the campaign that it should be banned from homes.
Sniper contains dangerous substances like DDVP, 2,2-Dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate  compound which is marketed in Nigeria by Swiss-Nigerian Chemical Company, as  a synthetic


organophosphorus.  But many Nigerians have converted to an indoor insecticide, depite  the enormous health risk attached to its use.  The inhalation,and absorption via the skin, ingestion, and eye contact may cause from mild to intense ailments like irritation of eyes, skin; miosis, ache eyes; rhinorrhea (discharge of thin nasal mucus); headache; chest tightness, wheezing, laryngeal spasm, salivation; cyanosis; anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; sweating; muscle fasciculation, paralysis, dizziness, ataxia; convulsions; low blood pressure, cardiac irregularity.

aside all these medical conditions, it has also been responsible for deaths in recent times. Recently at Alimosho area of Lagos, two children from the same parent were killed b the very potent chemical when it mistakenly got into their mouth, the kids were said to be 4 and 6 at the time of their death,
Also, an undergraduate of the University of Lagos was said to have lost his life by drinking the product. Medical experts are seriously campaigning against its continued use

Leave a Reply

Powered by Live Score & Live Score App
%d bloggers like this: