An enthusiastic Igbo culture crusader and royal ambassador, Ezeomenani Ogene-Igbo has urged his brethren to use the 2015 Guber and state assembly elections in Lagos State to show gratitude to the leadership of the state for giving a back to lean on to all and sundries in the state. He went ahead to present 12 solid reasons that should endear the Igbo community in Lagos to vote for the All Progressive Congress and its candidates during elections.
1. The APC government has ensured the safety of lives and properties for all Lagosians including Ndigbo.
2. The APC government has partnered with Ndigbo in moving Lagos State forward such that we have over 500 Ndigbo in the Civil Service and a Commissioner in the Lagos State Government.
3. The APC government does not and has not discriminated against Ndigbo in any form or manner.
4. The APC government supports and maintains profound relationship with the Igbo Traditional Institution in Lagos.
5. The APC Party Executive in Lagos has Ndigbo at leadership and Executive positions the PDP does not.
6. The APC led government of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu recognised and worked with several Igbo Institutions, the BabatundeRajiFasholaregimedeepened this relationship, AkinwunmiAmbode is committed to making it better and more engaging.
7. Ndigbo should reciprocate the love shown to us by our Yoruba hosts and brothers who did not cease our properties after the Civil War by voting progressive leadership which to them and us the APC represents and epitomises.
8. We should vote for APC much more now that the APC will become the government at the centre so that Lagos can enjoy profound Federal presence for our collective good.
9. We should vote for the Party that has given us greater recognition and refuse the lies and the vain promises of the PDP, if they could not make an Igbo an Executive in their Party they obviously will have no place for us in Government.
10. The Road networks and rebuilding of markets as well as the compensation being paid out to our brothers who lost properties and wares to one market fire or the other is evidence of the love and care of the APC for Lagosians including Ndigbo.
11. The naming of Parks and Estates after prolific Igbo sons are visible proof of the love the APC led Lagos Government has for Ndigbo.
12. Ndigbo have enjoyed equal Public Health care relief and support in Lagos like our Yoruba Brothers and have as well enjoyed free Public School support through the Free Primary Education scheme and the payment of NECO and SSCE enrolment fees for our Children by the Government.
Ndigbo we must not forget that ebeonye bi kaonawachi, thus for the good of all we owe it to sound conscience to support and VOTE for the progressive leadership of the APC in Lagos like all Nigerians have done at the Federal Level as it is axiomatic to note that Lagos would prosper in leaps and bounds should Lagos align with the centre. Ndigbo the time to take the wise, the right and the trite decision is NOW, a VOTE for the APC is wise, right, trite and profound.